back from my short break in Norfolk, great to see family and friends again and I managed to avoid,(for now at least) the Ice Bucket Challenge. Back to work now though and preparing for Selby Book signing on 15th September at the Library on Micklegate. Part of the Local Author Week, I share the stage with Mark Morris who has written some of the Dr Who, Torchwood series, and Andrea C Lake. The event lasts all week and I have included flyer at the end of this blog entry which has further details.
You can also check out this event and others by following this link;
County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AD
Tel: 01609 532206 01609 532448
Local author week at Selby Library!
Have you always wanted to write a novel? Would you like to meet some authors to find out how they got started? Do you want to support creative talent across Selby district?
Selby Library and Customer Services Centre are holding an Author Week, starting on 15th September, to showcase the talents of authors in the local area. Come along to chat to the authors, buy signed copies of their books and find out how they started out in the world of literature.
Drop in to the library on Monday 15th September between 10.00 and 5.00 to meet:
- Steve Pearse, crime writer
- Mark Morris, horror and science fiction writer, whose books include some of the Doctor Who series “Torchwood”
- Andrea C Lake, author of an anthology inspired by Edgar Allan Poe
The week continues on Wednesday 17th September, again between 10.00 and 5.00 with:
- Colin Eston, crime and historical fiction writer
- Deborah Foulkes, historical and paranormal fiction author
- David Baker, thriller writer
On Friday 19th September, between 10.00 and 5.00, the week concludes with:
- N E David, author of comedy and contemporary fiction and regular guest on Radio York
- Dawn Harris, historical crime writer
- Jackie Cooper, local history author
This is your opportunity to meet up-and-coming authors, support talent from the local area, as well as to find some new good reads, often set in the local area. There is no need to book – just call into the library during the Author Week.
For further information, visit Selby Library and Customer Services Centre or telephone 0845 034 9540.
Press contact: Jenny Brookes, Team Leader, library and community services 01609 534519
Executive member: County Councillor Chris Metcalfe (Con) 01937-832501